Sunday, July 1, 2012

Holes (Thing 2)



We read Holes by Louis Sachar. It's about a boy named Stanley Yelnats, who people think stole a pair of shoes, but Stanley says they just fell out of the sky. The judge said he had to go to either Camp Green Lake or JAIL, so Stanley picked Camp Green Lake. Camp Green Lake is a place where bad people go. They dig holes every day, 5 feet tall and 5 feet wide. They say it is for building character, but Stanley thinks that they are looking for something.


I would give this book

because it has mystery, and adventure. We also watched "Holes" the movie and I enjoyed it very much.

2 comments:

Dr. Mark said...

I am not surprised you liked this book and movie so much. It has all the things you like--action, adventure, and mystery. Great review!

Boquinha said...

Wow. Your review has me hanging! And I already READ the book!! Nicely done. Way to intrigue your readers! :)

I'm glad we read this book together as a family. I love that we started it on our Harry Potter World trip. :)