Tuesday, February 20, 2018

"Roman Holiday" (Thing 2)



We watched "Roman Holiday" recently.

The story is about a princess that leaves her castle at night and sets out for a new adventure. She gets a sleep injection the night she leaves and ends up falling asleep on the side of the road. A news reporter walks by and gets her a cab back to his place to stay safe for the night. The next morning, he talks with his boss about how he didn't get the story he was supposed to write. During this, he realizes that the woman at his apartment is the princess. He tells his boss that he can get an exclusive interview with the princess, and they make a bet about it.

The movie was in a way modern considering the time it was made.

I would give this movie

3 comments:

The Magic Violinist said...

That's a good way to put it. It did seem like a pretty modern story despite how long ago it was made.

Boquinha said...

I get that, too - how it was sort of modern even though it was older. Audrey Hepburn is brilliant. I love her. And Gregory Peck was great, too! I enjoyed watching this together. It was new to me!

Dr. Mark said...

I was curious to hear what you thought of it. Older films can be a trick sometimes since they feel so much different from what we're used to. I'll be the third person to tell you that you're right, it did feel a little more modern than I expected. The ending helped, too.