Sunday, March 18, 2018

The Da Vinci Code (Thing 2)

Image result for the davinci code




We read The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown.

There's a murder at the Louvre and Robert Langdon must solve the mystery of the man's death. Before the man died, he created a code for his treasured secret to not be forgotten. The man's granddaughter agent Neveu helps Langdon solve the murder, but they must run from the police. The police think that they did it! This story tells the truth about the Holy Grail in all its glory.

I wasn't a huge fan of his writing style; he liked to describe things that didn't need to be described or just use words that didn't need to be there in the first place. Also, his characters were very two-dimensional; they all reminded me of cardboard cutouts with one personality.

I would give this book
It dragged a bit, but the plot twists were really fantastic.

3 comments:

Boquinha said...

Very nice review!! I like how you described both his writing style and the characters. I feel bad that we took such a big break between starting and finishing it, but I had a feeling you'd enjoy the adventure as well as all of the symbology and Holy Grail stuff. The DaVinci stuff is so fascinating!! I'm glad you enjoyed it overall.

Dr. Mark said...

Good review. I think you hit on all the usual critiques that are out there about Dan Brown. He has good story ideas, and I think he writes in a way that makes you want to keep reading. His writing is pretty simplistic and sometimes it's just not great.

Unknown said...

Wow, It make me fell so good to read this article
Best Offroad GPS
best off road gps 2018
best off road gps 2019
best off road gps for atv
best off road gps 2020
off road gps reviews
garmin offroad gps
off road gps reviews 2017
best off road gps australia 2018