Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The Firework-Maker's Daughter (Thing 2)


We read The Firework-Maker's Daughter by Philip Pullman. It is a book where a firework maker is taking care of his daughter. When the daughter grew up she wanted to be a firework-maker, too, but her dad just laughed. She had made lots of fireworks but not very big ones. Her friend Chulak went over to ask how to make the good fireworks. Then her father told him that he has to go to the mountain to get the sulfur from Rasvani the Fire Fiend. Then Chulak told Lila, but what he didn't know is that she needed to get the emerald water or else she would perish in the flames. Will he get there in time to give it to Lila or is it too late?

I would give this book
. It was exciting, and it had good humor.

2 comments:

Dr. Mark said...

I am officially intrigued. Now I'm going to have to read the book. Great review as always.

Boquinha said...

I enjoyed this one! Nice choice of book! I'm glad you liked it. I enjoyed your review. I like hearing what you think about the books we read. :)