Monday, May 13, 2013

Wonder (Thing 2)

We read Wonder by R.J. Palacio.

We've been reading this on our road trip and on normal days. Now I want to share ten things that I like about this book.

1. It made me laugh.
2. It made me cry.
3. It has good characters.
4. It is a unique book.
5. It says A LOT about things I enjoy (Star Wars, video games, etc.)
6. I like how it has different characters' perspectives.
7. I like the main character, August.
8. I like how August's family is nice to him.
9. I like the book cover.
10. I like their dog.

In the book, one of his teachers teaches them about precepts and has the students make their own. I am going to make my own too.

"Live life the way you expect it to be, don't let anyone stop you from reaching the sky, and the sky is the limit."

I think that everyone at some point in his or her life should read this book.

I would give this book



because it is funny, sad, sweet and has A LOT of good characters.

2 comments:

Dr. Mark said...

I love your list. It's very similar to your sister's, and that makes sense since my list would also be very similar. And I bet Mommy's would, too. What a great book! Nice precept. Aim for the highest and don't let anyone stop you. I like it.

Boquinha said...

Great list! I had that same thought while reading the book - there are so many things mentioned in this book that you like!

Great precept. Wonderful book review. I totally agree on the rating. Absolutely loved reading this with you. Those were some good cries and good laughs. I'm a little sad to be done with the book.