Monday, February 10, 2014

Young@Heart (Thing 1)

Our family watched the movie "Young@Heart." It's a documentary about a chorus of senior citizens (averaging the age of 80) who go around the world and sing rock and roll songs.

What I liked: Everything! :) They all had so much personality and energy. Watching them work hard to get everything about every song right was inspirational, especially when most of the members had health issues such as breathing problems or even cancer. You'll laugh and cry the entire way through. Some of my favorite parts were the music videos they made, such as "Road To Nowhere" by Talking Heads. and "I Wanna Be Sedated" by the Ramones. Though my absolute favorite performance that they did was "Fix You" by Coldplay. You can see it HERE, though I think the performance holds much more meaning once you've seen all the leadup to the show.

What I didn't like: Honestly, I don't think there's anything that could make this movie better. It's already so perfect.

I give this movie

2 comments:

Boquinha said...

Agreed! Very inspirational movie. Such a great concept - I love out-of-the-box thinking! Glad we could see this one as a family and enjoy it with the Geckers, too. Good flick!

Dr. Mark said...

I really liked the same parts you did. The videos are great. And I agree that there isn't much I would change about it.