Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Flora and Ulysses (Thing 1)


We read Flora and Ulysses by Kate DiCamillo. Self-proclaimed cynic, Flora Belle Buckman, befriends a squirrel, Ulysses, who has turned into a superhero after getting sucked up a vacuum. Now he can fly, has super strength, and can write poetry. What Flora didn't expect, though, was for Ulysses' archnemesis to be her own mother.

What I liked: Everything! The characters were quirky, Ulysses was adorable, and we laughed out loud several times. It was simple and sweet, and it ended far too quickly.

What I didn't like: ...

I give this book


It's a great book to read as a family, because anyone--boy or girl, no matter what age--will enjoy this book. Guaranteed.

2 comments:

Dr. Mark said...

Another good review. Maybe I should read the book myself before the library needs it back. It sounds like fun.

Boquinha said...

Mark, you should!

Thing 1, thanks for humoring me on our comma vs. semi-colon hunt today. :)

Great review. I agree with what you have here. Sweet, sweet story. Love you.