Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Raymie Nightingale (Thing 2)

We read Raymie Nightingale by Kate DiCamillo. It's about three girls who in the beginning seem like enemies but are somehow friends? I didn't really get it. Two of the girls want to win a Little Miss Central Florida Tire competition. One of the girls wants to sabotage it for no apparent reason. The three girls go on wonderful adventures like reading to old people, trying to find dead cats, and much, much, more! This book had no plot whatsoever.


 I would give this book


I would have given this book one star, but it had good characters, so, why not!

2 comments:

Dr. Mark said...

No plot? It was the story of three girls who were all looking for something hopeful in their lives, and the adventures they have. ;) It was definitely low on the action, though. I'll give you that.

Boquinha said...

Yeah, it doesn't sound like it has NO plot, though it definitely sounds very character driven (which I generally enjoy). Long after I read a book, the characters stay with me more than the adventures they had. They feel like people to me, friends sometimes. I enjoyed reading this and it made me laugh out loud. I love your unabashed honesty.