Monday, October 20, 2014

Because of Mr. Terupt (Thing 2)


We read Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea. It's about a bunch of kids in a school who all have different personalities and challenges. Their teacher, Mr. Terupt, is the only one who seems to know how to deal with all of the kids. The teacher does tons of cool projects, and all of the kids seem to enjoy him. Then one day in the winter, accident strikes.

I would give this book
because it was a sweet story, I enjoyed the characters, and it was funny.

P.S. In the book they did a math challenge called dollar words. You calculate the letters as numbers. For example, A=1 cent, Z=26 cents, etc., and you need to create a word that equals a dollar!! My word I figured out is: problems.

2 comments:

Dr. Mark said...

Good review. I always like how your reviews leave me hanging, which inevitably makes me want to read the book. Great job!

My word is "botanist."

Boquinha said...

I like your summary and how you don't give it away and yet give a little hint what happens - through wordplay, those who have read it will get it. Nicely done. I liked this book, too.

My dollar word is "writing." I think it's fun that we all did the challenge, even Daddy from work!