Monday, October 19, 2015

"The Court Jester" (Thing 1)


My brother and I watched "The Court Jester." It's about a carnival performer who becomes a crucial role in a plan to overthrow the king and put the rightful heir on the throne by disguising himself as the court jester.

A lot of people say that this movie is a musical, but there were very few songs in it, maybe three total. But the story itself was really good and funny, and the main character in particular was great. He had a lot of slapstick but clever comedy. It gave off a "Princess Bride" or "Galavant" kind of vibe.

I would give this movie
for everything I said earlier. It's fairly old (it was released in 1956), but you don't really notice it like you do with other movies. The acting was actually pretty good, and there weren't any big special effects that just made you laugh at how bad it was. I really enjoyed it. It was light, fluffy, and funny.

2 comments:

Dr. Mark said...

Yeah, I remember it having more music than it did. And hey, IMDB claims it's a comedy/musical. Either way, it's a fun one. I'm glad you liked it.

Boquinha said...

I'm glad you both liked this so much. And you both mentioned that it's like "Galavant" and "The Princess Bride," two great shows in their own right. Who knew it had so few songs and was still considered a musical?!