Monday, November 30, 2015

"Once" (Thing 1)

We watched "Once." It's about a boy and girl in Dublin who are trying to make it as musicians. They meet one day when the guy is busking and start to collaborate with their music.

Out of all the musicals I've watched so far, this definitely makes my top three. It's such a simple plot, more of a glimpse into a musician's every day life than a movie. It very much focuses on the characters and the music, which I liked. And the music is fantastic, and very Indie. My favorite song from it is one you've probably heard, "Falling Slowly," but every song in it is so good. The accents are also very cool! A little hard to understand at times since they're so thick, but I love hearing accents from different countries. I won't give anything away, but I really liked the ending, too. It's not your typical Hollywood ending.

I would give this movie
.

2 comments:

Dr. Mark said...

The accents really do make this one enjoyable on another level. And sometimes a simple plot is all you need.

Boquinha said...

I knew you'd love this one. Top 3, eh? Awesome. I'm glad we share a love of indie films and this kind of music, too. Nice review.