Monday, November 30, 2015

"The Nightmare Before Christmas" (Thing 1)

We watched "The Nightmare Before Christmas." It's about a skeleton named Jack--aka "The Pumpkin King"--who has been a central part of Halloween all his life. One day, he discovers Christmas, and decides that this year Halloween Town is going to celebrate it.

This is a fun movie with extremely catchy songs. It's great to watch around Christmas time, but I also think it's a good Halloween movie. I'm not always a huge fan of claymation, but this was done pretty well. The plot was pretty simple and family friendly, the "creepiness" way toned down. It's more goofy than it is scary. The only reason I took a couple points off was because I didn't feel like I got to know the characters that well and I didn't believe the chemistry between Jack and Sally. Otherwise it was very enjoyable.

I would give this movie


.

2 comments:

Dr. Mark said...

I wonder how difficult it is to show chemistry between characters made from clay. So, lovers of this movie have two holidays at which viewing is mandatory. And please don't start humming the songs. I don't need more ear worms in my life.

Boquinha said...

Like I told Max, I have weird memories of this movie since it was what I saw on a bad/awkward/boring date in college. I don't remember loving it, so I've enjoyed the recaps you and your brother have written. Thank you!