Thursday, January 5, 2012

Pee-Wee's Big Adventure/It's a Wonderful Life (Thing 1)

Our family recently watched the movies "Pee-Wee's Big Adventure" and "It's a Wonderful Life." After watching both of them, Thing 2 and I made Venn diagrams to compare the two.

Here are words I used to describe how "Pee-Wee's Big Adventure" is different from "It's a Wonderful Life":
Fun
Silly
Goofy
Random
Weird
Crazy
Color
Funny
Pee-Wee wanted his bike.
Pee-Wee had a weird laugh.

Here are words I used to describe how "It's a Wonderful Life" is different from "Pee-Wee's Big Adventure":
Angels
Black and white
Feel-good movie
George wanted to travel but never did.
George had a normal laugh.

Here are some similarities between the two movies:
Both movies are movies. (Duh!)
They're both fictional.
Both main characters had a big goal.
Both main characters helped people.

I would rate each of the movies . "Pee-Wee's Big Adventure" was a really goofy movie, but it was a little too crazy, in my opinion. I still thought it was really funny. :D "It's a Wonderful Life" was good and inspirational, but in some parts what was happening was a little confusing. If it were possible, I would rate it four-and-a-half stars, but we have to rate it with a whole number. :D

For our activity . . . we watched the movies! :D

8 comments:

Boquinha said...

You can give it an extra half star if you want to! Nice review. Love the parts about their laughs. Funny! "Pee Wee's Big Adventure" really is bizarre. I'd forgotten how bizarre it really was! That's what made me balance out Movie Monday with a classic. :P

Emily said...

I haven't see PeeWee's Big Adventure since I was a kid but from what I remember it was really weird (and made me wish I could see the basement of the Alamo :). I always cry at the end of It's a Wonderful Life. I LOVE it.

Anonymous said...

I haven't watched either movie in their entirety but I don't imagine myself giving them 4 stars. But I give your reviews 5 1/2 stars because they're funny. And well written. And I just like you guys.

Zelia said...

Very good post. One of my favorite movies is It's a wonderful life.a mvie that I could never finish because it was terrible was Pee Wee's great adventure...
Too silly for me.

J Fo said...

I love your list of words to describe each one. Great details. I laughed out loud with your comparisons of their laughs. Too funny! I would certainly rate Wonderful life higher, too! But Uncle Greg would pick PeeWee for sure. He and Thing 2 should watch it together some time.

Vivian said...

Where did my comment go? I was checking back today to read other comments, and mine isn't here!? It was something like: how did you choose such disparate movies to compare and contrast? I have seen both and I would rate them each 3 stars.

The Magic Violinist said...

Thanks for the comments everyone! :D I had a lot of fun writing this post.

Dave Johnson said...

Hey Kate, I'm with you on it being "too" goofy. I laughed at some of the jokes, but some of it was just over the top dumb. And you know how I have such a sophisticated sense of humor (yeah, right).