Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Three Amigos (Thing 1)

We watched "The Three Amigos." It's about three silent movie actors who get fired from their job and are trying to find other work.

Meanwhile, a girl in Mexico sees one of their movies where the Three Amigos are pretending to be cowboys who stop villains. The girl doesn't understand that they're not really cowboys but just actors, so she sends them a telegram asking if they will come help stop "El Guapo" who is threatening her village. The Three Amigos get the telegram and think they're being offered a job to put on a show. That's when things get really funny. :D

I would rate this movie. It was goofy, funny, exciting, and had lots of action with just enough calmness in between. One of my favorite parts is near the beginning when one of the Three Amigos pretends to be a bird. Another one of my favorite parts is farther into the movie when they go see "The Singing Bush."

5 comments:

Dr. Mark said...

Great Review. I like it when the bush won't stop singing and Dusty gets aggravated and accidentally shoots the invisible swordsman. It was fun watching with you and your brother.

Boquinha said...

Yes! The singing bush! Now that it's been so many years since I saw this movie the first time, and Pixar has become huge between then and now, I can totally hear Randy Neuman in the bush! Funny scene.

Dave Johnson said...

I saw this movie in the THEATER when it came out. Does that tell you how old I am? I don't remember much except the big hats. Didn't Dan Akroyd and Steve Martin also do a movie around this same time called Spies Like Us? Or is it Akroyd and Chevy Chase?

The Magic Violinist said...

Thanks for the comments! :D
I'm not sure what other movies they did. But I do know that Steve Martin was in Cheaper by the Dozen.

Anonymous said...

Man I love this movie so much! It's one I have to re-watch at least once a year.