Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Two Towers (Thing 1)


We read The Two Towers by J.R.R. Tolkien. It's the second book in the Lord of the Rings series. I personally thought he could've come up with a better name for the book, like, The Main Character in This Book Doesn't Show Up Until the Middle or Golem is Crazy.

In this book, Merry and Pippin get dragged off by some orcs; Legolas, Gimli, and Aragorn get into a huge battle; Sam and Frodo are who knows where, and you don't find out about them until the second half of the book. The book is a little confusing at first since there are three different groups of people to read about, but then you get used to it.

One of my favorite parts of the book is when Legolas, Gimli, and Aragorn are in a huge battle and Legolas and Gimli are having a competition to see who can kill the most creatures. My other favorite part is getting to see how insane Golem is. After reading the first two books, I've seen multiple Lord of the Rings spoofs in movies and TV shows. Most of the spoofs are people pretending to be Golem.

I would give this book. If you like adventure and battles, this is a good book for you. If you don't like crazy humans/creatures/things that are obsessed over a piece of jewelry, this is not a good book for you. I really enjoyed it and can't wait to read the next one! :D

3 comments:

Boquinha said...

Okay, I laughed out loud when I read both your opening and closing paragraphs. I love reviews that entertain me as well as inform me. Great job. I can't help but picture Sheldon saying "My Precious! My Precious!" when I read the part about TV spoofs. :P

Dr. Mark said...

Great alternative titles! If you like "crazy humans/creatures/things that are obsessed over a piece of jewelry" then you should love the next book.

The Magic Violinist said...

Yay! :D I don't know why, but Golem cracks me up. ;)